WRC HORIZONTAL HYDRAULIC HANDBRAKE ASSEMBLY [1-HANDLE 1 CYLINDER] STANDARD KIT
STANDARD BOX KIT INCLUDES – WRC BOX PLUS – [1 X MASTER CYLINDERS, CLEVIS & FIXINGS]
This handbrake is specially designed and made with attention to detail for many motorsport competition applications from stage rallying to drifting, focusing on precision handling and optimum control.
HORIZONTAL HANDBRAKE FEATURES:
- Alloy End Cap
- Lightweight aluminium Handle Anodised Black
- Black Powder Coated Fabricated Body for Precision and Optimum Pivot
- Hard Wearing Steel Pins
- Lightened and Strengthened Design
- Lightening Holes
- Lock Nut for Securing Desired Throw
- Oilite Phosphor Bronze Bushes Inserted
- Pre-Fabricated Holes for Ease of Mounting
- Spherical Rod End Pivot Mechanism
- Tubular Grip Handle
- Incorporating a spherical joint for a smooth operation
- Complete with locking devise.
- Hard anodised silver to 30 microns.
- Self lubricating roll pins (Bronze Oil light Lined)
- Mechanism more precise and stronger than an aluminium clevis.
- Supplied with choice of master cylinders 0.75/0.70/0.625
Drifting and Rally driving requires extensive use of the handbrake, which can show weaknesses in standard cable type handbrakes. The hydraulic system eliminates the weaknesses as in the standard cable type handbrakes.
The hydraulic system connects into the brake line that runs to the rear calipers and requires a lot less force to completely lock both rear wheels when needed.
Drivers use a hydraulic handbrake to lock up & break loose the rear wheels when they want to Drift the car sideways or spin it on the spot. Rally drivers regularly need to spin 180 degrees “on the spot” when they over shoot an intersection, or need to turn very hard left or right and there’s not enough wheel lock to achieve this.
The hydraulic handbrake is not used to stop the car.
A hydraulic hand brake can be added into the rear brake line system without changing the original mechanical handbrake setup.
Compbrake motorsport Ltd design and manufacture all these units in our own well-equipped factory based in England. These Hydraulic handbrakes are constructed out of lightened steel with a Black powder coat finish, giving you an extremely strong product that will last a lifetime.
These systems are for competition use only.
HORIZONTAL HANDBRAKE INSTALLATION:
Firstly find a suitable position to mount the body either on or at the side of the tunnel then secure the body before assembling the rest of the components.
Remember this unit requires individual refinement and greasing between the handle and the body – gently filing the handle in the area were the phosphor bronze split bushes are fitted ensures a precision fit this will probably require removing the powder coating in this area.
When assembled the handle needs to be pointing up say at 85 degree towards the rear in a comfortable position to suit you the driver to achieve the best in handbrake manoeuvres with very little movement and effort.